How to apply for administration relief tab and on hub page

How should I prepare for administrative relief?

Please remember that there isn’t anything to apply for yet, but you should start putting together your identity documents (passports) and any documents that demonstrate that you have lived in the United States such as school records, medical records, bank records, leases/ rent payments, and employment records.  An immigration reform plan has not been approved yet and it could take many months.

If Congress approves an immigration reform bill or the President announces administrative relief, start collecting the documents listed below now because you may need to provide proof of:

  • Identity
  • Birth certificate and a photo identification (ID). Passport, school or military ID, identification document from your country of origin, or any U.S. document with your name and photo, like a Driver’s License or ID.
  • Entry to the United States Before a Particular Date
  •  Immigration record or documents with your date of entry, passport with admission stamp (Form I-94/I-95/I-94W), or travel records.
  •  You can also use medical records (including immunization record) or school records.
  • Presence and Residence in the United States From a Particular Date
  • Proof of presence with dates and addresses using immigration documents, government records, medical records, military records, employment records, religious or community organizations records, insurance policies, tax records, etc.
  • Bank receipts, financial records, credit card receipts, money order receipts, rental agreements, deeds, mortgages, utility bills, club memberships, etc.
  • Tax Filings
  • If you do not have copies of your past filings, call the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)at 1-800-908-9946

To order a transcript for free.

If you have not filed your taxes, ask for an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) by calling 1-800-829-1040 and file them.

Employment History

  • Record dates, names, and addresses of the places where you have worked.
  • Possible English Knowledge Requirement

You may have to take a basic English course or exam.

  • Application Fee and Fines

 Start saving money for the application fee and for any fines.

Also save money in case you need it for an attorney.

  • Record Keeping

Record all of this information in a notebook, keep the original documents, and store them in a safe place.


An attorney has to have a license from a state bar association.

Don’t believe anyone who tells you that there is already a new immigration program inplace.

A proposal has been introduced in Congress but it may change or not ever become law.

Don’t trust anyone who says that they can guarantee you a visa or a green card.

If you suspect fraud, report it to your consulate or the police

Should I seek legal assistance?

There is nothing to apply for and nothing for which you need to seek legal help yet.  Do not believe or pay anyone who tells you they can help you apply for anything now, especially a notario.  The only thing you can start doing right now is putting your documents together.

If you have any questions, please ask your local nonprofit organizations or call Chicago Irish Immigrant Support on 773 282 8445.

Where can I get information? 

If you have any questions about administrative relief, call Chicago Irish Immigrant Support on  773 282 8445 or visit the Irish nonprofit organizations in your area.  For more information please visit

Does the unaccompanied youth crisis derail administrative relief?

They are one in the same.  The crisis at the border shines the spotlight on our broken immigration system and why we need President Obama to set up administrative relief by the end of the summer, as he promised.

How has the immigration dialogue changed with the children’s crisis?

They are one in the same conversation.  We can’t talk about the children’s crisis without the need for administrative relief.

Are youth coming to the United States because they think they will get DACA?

The children are coming here because they are fleeing violent conditions. Many are coming to be reunited with their parents that are already here.

What should be done about the children at the border?

Every child deserves due process and have their full rights protected. Additionally, we need to also address the humanitarian crisis here. We need administrative relief now for the 11 million, who fear of being taken from their family.