Irish Centers 2
- New York
- San Antonio
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Virginia Beach
15 Rita Road Dorchester, Boston, Massachusetts 02124
The Irish Pastoral Centre (IPC) in Boston provides assistance to Irish immigrants in the New England area to help them to transition to life in America. Since 1987 the IPC has provided a broad range of services to the community and are particularly committed to those who are most vulnerable members. The IPC is run by a dedicated staff and a number of Irish immigrant volunteers. The IPC services include:
- Counseling program and substance abuse referral
- Assisting victims of domestic abuse
- Support and counseling for married couples
- Employment and housing assistance
- Mother and toddler groups
- Advice with medical and healthcare issues
- Senior Citizen Outreach Program & visits to home bound elders
- Returning to Ireland, including assistance with Irish & British pensions and Medicare
- Immigration & Citizenship Services
- Supporting Irish prisoners and being a liaison to family members
- Spiritual Programs and Pastoral Care
100 Franklin Street, Boston,Massachusetts 02111
The Irish Immigration Center (IIC) was founded in 1989 by a dedicated group of Irish immigrants as a ‘mutual assistance’ organization providing support for one another. While they remain committed to their Irish base, they now assist not only Irish immigrants, but newcomers from more than 100 nations.
The IIC addresses the immediate needs of individuals and families with expert legal advice and an array of programs. Through advocacy, organizing, and immigrant rights programs, they work toward achieving lasting, positive social change for the immigrant community. Programs offered by the IIC include:
- Immigration & Citizenship
- Substance Abuse
- Employment & Housing
- Cross Cultural and Immigrant Rights Program
- ESOL classes
- International Programs
- Workers’ Rights
- Returning to Ireland
4626, North Knox Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60630
Phone: 773 282 8445
The Chicago Irish Immigrant Support Center serves the needs of Irish immigrants in the Chicago area and the central portion of the United States. Their goal is to help immigrants to adjust to life in the United States. In particular, they offer advice support and referral to individuals who need assistance with immigration, social, economic and spiritual concerns. The services provided are offered in a non-judgmental and confidential atmosphere and all services are free of charge. Services offered by Chicago Irish Immigrant Support include:
- Immigration information, advice and referral
- DV lottery applications assistance
- U.S. Citizenship assistance
- Returning to Ireland; information on living and working in Ireland
- Services for seniors including an Active Retirees club
2133 W. Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233
The Irish Cultural & Heritage Center of Wisconsin (ICHC) is home to a variety of Irish cultural events. The center is available to groups for meetings, parties, fund-raisers, classes, films and lectures as well as present Irish plays, author book-signings. There are now two libraries which are open to the public, the ICHC Irish library and the genealogical library sponsored by the Irish Genealogical Society of Wisconsin.
The Aisling Irish Community Center is a community outreach center dedicated to assisting the Irish and Irish-American community in New York. The Aisling Center assists immigrants to make their transition to life in America a positive experience. They have a drop-in center where immigrants can get information and access the Centers wide range of programs, services and classes. Programs provided by the Aisling Center include:
- Confidential Counseling provided by four licensed social workers, including a full-time counselor, for issues such as drug & alcohol dependency, domestic abuse and relationship or family issues, and depression.
- Social Service Referrals
- Senior group -Young at Heart
- Mother and Toddler group
- Classes promoting physical Health and Wellbeing including yoga, Weight
- Watchers, kickboxing and self-defense.
- Irish volunteers for the homeless
- Health insurance infomation/ referrals and assistance with medicaid applications
- Free mammograms quarterly, free health screening bi-monthly and regular seminars on various health issues.
- Computer classes for all levels – basic, intermediate and advanced – and for seniors.
- Irish language, music and dance classes
- Weekly AA/Betterway group meeting
- Arts & Crafts class for children
- Employment and Accommodation Referrals
7 South Cedar Lane, Upper Darby, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102
The Irish Immigration Center serves the needs of the Irish Immigrant Community and their families in the Delaware Valley. The Center is committed to networking with other immigrant groups and assists immigrants with housing, employment and immigration issues. The Center also serves as a community hub for Irish Immigrants in the Philadelphia Area and provides information, advice and assistance on:
- U.S Citizenship
- Ireland and U.K. Passport Renewal Applications
- Green CardsFamily-Based Petition Applications
- Work Authorization & Renewal
- Drivers’ License Information
- Social Security and Tax I.D.
- Health care information and advocacy
- Affordable Clinic Programs for Pregnancy, Pre- And Post-Natal Care
- Bereavement and crisis support and counseling
6886 Forward Ave, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, PA 15217
The center for Irish culture and education: our mission is to promote the education, both spiritual and intellectual, of the membership and the community through the media of lectures, instruction classes, guided study, arts and crafts groups, music, and drama, together with social and athletic endeavors appropriately supplementary of the afore stated educational programs, especially within the areas of the culture of the Gaelic people.
1933 NE Bryant St, Portland, Oregon, OR 97211
Club social events happen year round, here are a few examples: Annual picnic, Christmas and May dinners, St. Patrick’s Day Party, Pub Socials, Bowling, Group day trips, Timbers and Blazers games.
The club also has a scholarship fund, a growing library, and contributes to special activities that promote Irish culture and history. This may be music and dance concerts, cultural lectures on history, immigration, mythology, arts, and more, and classes or workshops for language, dance, or music.
P.O. Box 9614 Virginia Beach, Virginia, VA 23450
The purpose of the Irish American Society of Tidewater is to promote and preserve Irish culture, including music, art, history, folklore, dance, literature, athletics, and all other things distinctively IRISH among interested persons in the Tidewater, Virginia area and to cooperate with like-minded persons, groups, and organizations both here and abroad.